Mountain Training’s Vision
A diverse and active outdoor society, supported by inspirational leaders, instructors and coaches.
Mountain Training’s Mission
To inspire, enable and develop people in walking, climbing and mountaineering through the provision of nationally and internationally recognised skills training and leadership qualifications.
Mountain Training’s Ethos
We believe in:
- The safe enjoyment of walking, climbing and mountaineering. We disseminate guidance on good practice and provide training and qualifications for participants, instructors, leaders and coaches.
- High-quality training and assessment delivered by experienced and supportive practitioners.
- Developing independent walkers, climbers and mountaineers who practice and encourage, sustainable and sympathetic use of the outdoors by all users.
- Supporting equal access to our sport for people from all backgrounds. We also believe that all people have the potential to develop leadership and coaching skills if trained appropriately.
- Good leadership is about more than decision making and technical skill; it is about supporting and developing individuals.
- Inspiring people to enjoy walking, climbing and mountaineering with confidence and skill.
Support for people with additional needs
Mountain Training is committed to ensuring that everyone has equal opportunity to attend our courses. We work in close partnership with the mountaineering councils and a key strand of their work is to ensure that participation is open to all. The BMC Equity Steering Group and initiatives like Adventure for All have been central to this and are an excellent source of information.
Mountain Traning Association
Join the Mountain Training Association and be part of a community of like-minded people on our schemes. Click on the link below to read more about this great resource.
Below are two infographics to help you decide which Mountain Training would be best to attend. You can also read more about this here: which scheme is right for me