Mountain Training courses
Climb365 has been a registered provider of Mountain Training courses since 2006.
In addition, Stuart works as one of a small team of regional moderators, quality-assuring and providing advice and support to other providers of Mountain Training courses.
Whilst moderating, Stuart meets a vast number of experienced providers and course directors, sharing up to date information and best practice. Our courses reflect this level of experience, being rich in content, current best practice and are professionally delivered.
Mountain Leader training course 6 days
Rock Climbing Development Instructor training course 4 days
Rock Climbing Develpoment Instructor assessment course 3 days
Mountain Leader & Rock Climbing Instructor refresher days tailored coaching.
Mountain Leader & Rock Climbing Instructor re assessment days.
Mountain Training’s Vision
A diverse and active outdoor society, supported by inspirational leaders, instructors and coaches.
Mountain Training’s Mission
To inspire, enable and develop people in walking, climbing and mountaineering through the provision of nationally and internationally recognised skills training and leadership qualifications.
Mountain Training’s Ethos
- Mountain Training’s ethos (a short vid clip about Mountain Training’s ethos)
We believe in:
- The safe enjoyment of walking, climbing and mountaineering. We disseminate guidance on good practice and provide training and qualifications for participants, instructors, leaders and coaches.
- High-quality training and assessment delivered by experienced and supportive practitioners.
- Developing independent walkers, climbers and mountaineers who practice and encourage, sustainable and sympathetic use of the outdoors by all users.
- Supporting equal access to our sport for people from all backgrounds. We also believe that all people have the potential to develop leadership and coaching skills if trained appropriately.
- Good leadership is about more than decision making and technical skill; it is about supporting and developing individuals.
- Inspiring people to enjoy walking, climbing and mountaineering with confidence and skill.
Support for people with additional needs
Mountain Training is committed to ensuring that everyone has equal opportunity to attend our courses. We work in close partnership with the mountaineering councils and a key strand of their work is to ensure that participation is open to all. The BMC Equity Steering Group and initiatives like Adventure for All have been central to this and are an excellent source of information.
Mountain Traning Association
Join the Mountain Training Association and be part of a community of like-minded people on our schemes. Click on the link below to read more about this great resource.